Recruitment Coordinator Vacancy at KMT Teacher Training
Are you a motivated and personable recruitment or educational professional looking for a fresh challenge? Perhaps you currently work within an in-house recruitment team or within a school but are seeking a new opportunity where you can develop your skills and experience further? Do you want to be part of a small but highly effective team that will support you to thrive in your role?
As we continue to expand and work with more local schools each year, we now have a fantastic opportunity to appoint one, potentially two, Recruitment Co-ordinators who will join our team for February 2020. This is a brand new role for our team and means the successful candidates(s) have a huge amount of scope to make a big impact. Working with over 80 partner schools in the Kent area, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders/managers/senior leaders – this is a really broad and varied role so self-motivation and a positive mind-set is essential!
Kent and Medway Training (KMT) is a highly regarded and successful School Centred Initial Teacher Training Provider (SCITT) which has been training teachers for over 25 years. We work in collaboration with approximately 43 secondary and 38 primary schools, operating a ‘hub’ model based on the geographical location of the schools (Dartford and Gravesham, Medway and Maidstone and West Kent). We are also beginning to work with schools in South East London and East Kent. Our training programme is 9 months in duration and trainees are able to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) plus the opportunity to access a PGCE qualification which offers Masters Level credits.
Despite the education sector being one of the most challenging to recruit for, we are unlike many other teacher training providers in that our recruitment process is highly personalised and unique to individual schools. Quality underpins everything that we do, from the very first form of contact a trainee has with us through to the very end of their training year and beyond. Our Recruitment Co-ordinator/s will mirror this to ensure our schools receive the very best service from KMT.
Reporting to the Director of Initial Teacher Training at KMT with mentoring from the Head of Recruitment for Leigh Academies Trust, the Recruitment Co-ordinator/s who join our team will be personable, a genuine team player and thrive on working autonomously and using your initiative. You will have relevant experience within education or within a busy recruitment environment. Above all else, a positive attitude and motivation to perform well in this role is essential, as is a real passion for recruitment and pride in representing KMT in the best way possible. You will quickly develop an understanding of our schools and hub model including their USPs, roles and requirements. You will be creative with your direct sourcing and deliver proactive candidate attraction strategies. In addition, you will build strong and lasting relationships with a variety of managers and stakeholders across the consortium, sharing best practice and advising on recruitment conduct.
If you’re looking for a role that offers genuine job satisfaction whereby you can be proud to support the next generation of teachers, this is the role for you.
Download Full Job Description
The successful candidate will already have the following personal attributes and will be keen to develop them further;
- Problem solving – proven ability to take a variety of business requirements and translate these into tangible and workable solutions using best practice techniques
- Commercial awareness – demonstrated ability to see, understand and advise on resourcing and recruitment matters from a business perspective, establishing credibility, trust and respect from senior management and leaders
- Analytical – ability to understand and respond to complex problems, draw and present the right insight and recommendations effectively
- Proven ability to thrive in a complex matrix environment, collaborate effectively with broader teams and gain support for projects, bringing people together to deliver
- High levels of self-awareness and committed to personal development with a growth mind-set
In return, the successful candidate will receive;
- A starting salary of £25k to £30K per annum, commensurate with relevant experience
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Career development and training opportunities to suit your needs and career objectives
- During the main recruitment window, there will be the need to attend evening/occasional events on a Saturday which is offered in return as time off in lieu (notice is given well in advance for any events)
The position is initially offered on a one-year fixed term basis with every intention to extend or make permanent thereafter. Please note that training will be provided to upskill you in any areas that you do not currently have experience/knowledge. As travel between sites is essential for this role, you must hold a valid UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle – mileage is reimbursed in line with our Expenses Policy.
KMT is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across KMT.