In common with all providers of ITT, we use a variety of sources of evidence to support us in the selection of trainees.
Throughout the whole selection process we will be looking for evidence of the following:
- Enthusiasm for your subject and for the idea of enabling children to learn and make progress in this subject
- Strong resilience and awareness of the demands of the profession
- A genuine interest in young people and how they learn best
- Some ideas about what makes an effective teacher and a less effective one
- An ability to reflect on experience
- An ability to accept and act upon advice
- An ability to reflect on experiences of working with young people in schools or other contexts
- An ability to communicate with young people and engage children
Applicants who hold a non-UK degree and/or GCSE equivalent need to obtain verification of their qualifications' equivalence before they apply by contacting UK NARIC, Telephone: 0871 3307033 - Website: www.naric.org.uk
Subject relevant experience may be taken into account where the degree does not meet this requirement.