Key Stage 4 Lead in English
Folkestone Academy is looking to recruit a Key Stage 4 Lead in English to help us ensure that our knowledge-led curriculum is effectively delivered to our ambitious, confident and successful students.
As a faculty we are committed to supporting our students in becoming confident in their ability, with a sense of purpose and vision for their futures. We want all of our students to be successful, achieving qualifications that prepare them to succeed in their ambitions. We have high expectations of our students across the Trust; our behaviour policy assures the highest expectations of behaviour in and out of lessons, creating a calm and purposeful learning environment
The Trust strongly believes that its purpose is to serve the young people of the local coastal community with a powerful education. As a Key Stage 4 Lead in English, your role will require you to be an excellent practitioner and you will be expected to contribute to innovation across the Trust to ensure that our schools are engaging places to learn.
We welcome applications from great teachers who are highly motivated and dedicated, with a passion for powerful education and research.
Come and join us to be a part of our journey.
The ideal candidate will…
- Be dedicated to improving student progress and raising attainment across the Trust, sharing best practice with colleagues
- You will be expected to hold a teaching load and to have a strong track record of excellent teaching and deep knowledge of and enthusiasm for your subject
- Have a proven track record of success in raising standards
- Be an excellent teacher who can inspire pupils to achieve their ambitions
- Keep up to date through researching best practice and implementing this within teaching and learning strategies
- Possess the drive and determination to assist students in breaking down barriers inside and outside education
- Believe that a knowledge and research-led curriculum is the necessary catalyst, with the ability and determination to be part of the Trust’s community to support ambitious, confident and successful students
- Have a mind-set to always lead by example: in the classroom, supporting and developing others, and living the Trust values
In return, Turner Schools can offer…
- a strong ethos and culture that promotes the belief that all pupils can achieve calm and purposeful learning environments, with high pupil behaviour expectations
- a warm and welcoming team of teachers and associate staff
- manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies
- personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses and conferences as requested
- a Trust which takes student and faculty welfare seriously
- Private healthcare from Benenden Health medical, including a 24/7 prescription GP service, counselling, access to the BUPA hospital network and physiotherapy.
- a genuine opportunity to make a difference by being part of the exciting Trust vision.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and we reserve the right to appoint prior to the close of the advert if a suitable candidate is found.
Information about the school
At Folkestone Academy we foster an environment where students value their education and enjoy their learning and feel inspired to develop their true passions. We offer traditional academic subjects alongside creative arts, sports and a vibrant extra-curricular. We want our pupils to find their talents and be the best they can be.
We believe our purpose is to provide the young people we serve with a powerful education. This education will foster ambitious students who have the confidence to succeed academically and to go on to live fulfilled, successful lives.
We believe that a knowledge-led curriculum delivered by research-engaged, dedicated practitioners is the catalyst necessary to achieve this purpose. Essential to this purpose is our shared commitment to our values.
Folkestone Academy is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to ensuring success without selection for our pupils and students by teaching them the core knowledge and life skills they need to thrive in the modern world. Turner Schools is committed to leading schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Our mission is to set a new standard in non-selective education, empowering our pupils and students with cultural capital. In this way we will contribute to the regeneration of the region; we call this mission ‘sea-change’.
Our schools include: Folkestone Academy; Folkestone Primary; Morehall Primary; Martello Primary; and Turner Free School.
Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this vacancy: