KMT Teacher Training
You will work closely with the Head of Recruitment and Operations and the KMT Senior Administrator to provide the best possible recruitment service to all KMT partner schools.
You’ll be accountable for a wide range of duties spanning the full recruitment cycle, with constant interaction with candidates and school contacts to ensure we offer a seamless, and efficient recruitment process, adding value to the processes that KMT already have in place.
You will assist our Head of Recruitment and Operations in sourcing and retaining high-quality trainee teachers and will be involved in accurate record keeping.
The successful candidate will have:
- To pre-screen applications
- To assist in sharing applications
- To follow up on sent applications
- To organise interviews and collating relevant interview materials ensuring we are GDPR compliant
- To liaise with prospective candidates
- To take minutes at all KMT meetings
- To support trainees with employment opportunities within the consortium
- To attend recruitment events (usually out of school hours)
- Any other recruitment and administrative duties
To perform well in this role, the successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral (courteous)
- Have excellent interpersonal/soft skills, e.g., tact, sensitivity, ability to listen
- Have the ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Have a genuine passion for working with and on behalf of a variety of people
- Have a drive and passion to develop their skills
- Be able to cope with pressure and adopt a resilient mind-set
- Be able to meet and manage deadlines
- Be able to prioritise their own workload
- Be able to adapt positively in response to requests
- Be able to contribute to and work effectively within a team environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of using and maintaining database(s)
- Experience in using IT (for example knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite)
- Experience in recruitment, administration or education (strongly beneficial)
- Experience in carrying out independent research
- Experience in following processes in a timely manner
- Experience in working remotely is strongly beneficial
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
A starting salary of £19k to £23K per annum, commensurate with relevant experience
25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
Career development and training opportunities to suit your needs and career objectives
During the main recruitment window, there will be the need to attend evening/occasional events on a Saturday which is offered in return as time off in lieu (notice is given well in advance for any events)
The position is initially offered on a one-year fixed term basis through 4 days (0.8) with every intention to extend or make permanent thereafter. Please note that training will be provided to upskill you in any areas that you do not currently have experience/knowledge.
Please contact Stuart Russell, Director of ITT for a confidential conversation or if you have any questions about the role – email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by 5pm on 7th March 2021 at https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/leighacademiestrust/displayjob.aspx?jobid=3309
Interviews will take place week commencing 15th March 2021
KMT is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across KMT.
Notes: KMT feels it is important to hire a candidate with the right attitude which is why we will be looking for someone that is enthusiastic, focused, committed, reliable and resilient to the day-to-day pressures that a busy in-house recruitment function brings.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate must be open-minded to new and changing responsibilities as KMT continues to grow, with a keenness to be involved in various relevant elements of the business.