About The Role
We are recruiting additional English Teachers as we expand the curriculum in preparation for our move to our brand-new school in Frindsbury, Strood in 2024.
The successful candidates will be qualified English Teachers or ECT’s who are passionate about teaching and learning, are ready to embrace new ideas and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills. They will be an effective classroom practitioner who is able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development. As a member of our staff, you will have high expectations for achievements and behaviour, and will be dedicated to ensuring our students are actively engaged with school, making progress and aspire to become life-long learners.
Applications are invited from teachers and ECT’s who have experience of teaching English.
The Maritime Academy is proud to be part of the TSAT family. We embrace a cognitive approach to education and our ethos values are aligned with that of the wider Trust family and our commitment to transform life chances is evident in everything that we do. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we expand our network of schools, building upon our established ethos and values.
Maritime Academy, is a brand-new secondary school serving the community of Medway, which opened in September 2022. As a growing school we welcomed our new cohort of students in September 2023 and are therefore seeking staff to join us on our ‘Voyage’ as we develop our Academy together.
What we can offer you:
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School, and from September 2024 Maritime Academy in Frindsbury.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you would like to benefit from a supportive network of staff across our Trust we would encourage you to apply.
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kerry Masters (Kerry.Masters@Southeast.tsat.uk)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this vacancy: