At KMT Teacher Training we use a variety of sources of evidence to support us in the selection of trainees.
Throughout the whole selection process we will be looking for evidence of the following
- Enthusiasm for your subject and for the idea of enabling children to learn and make progress
- Strong resilience and awareness of the demands of the profession
- A genuine interest in young people and how they learn best
- Some ideas about what makes an effective teacher and a less effective one
- An ability to reflect on experience
- An ability to accept and act upon advice
- An ability to reflect on experiences of working with young people in schools or other contexts
- An ability to communicate with young people and engage children
Important notes for holders of non-UK qualifications
Applicants who hold a non-UK degree and/or GCSE equivalent need to obtain verification of their qualifications’ equivalence before they apply by contacting UK ENIC.
Subject relevant experience may be taken into account where the degree does not meet this requirement.