Head of French (MFL)
Maritime Academy is seeking a qualified and experience MFL teacher to join us on our journey to our brand new school in 2024.
As Head of French (MFL) you will lead the department in ensuring that our students enjoy and experience languages within the curriculum. The successful candidate will have a record of excellent outcomes and an awareness of the latest MFL curriculum developments, together with a passion for teaching and learning. The Head of French (MFL) will have high expectations for achievements and behaviour, and will be dedicated to ensuring our students are actively engaged with school, making progress and aspire to become life-long learners. Our curriculum intent can be found here
Applications are invited from experienced Subject Leaders or teachers looking to progress their career.
Maritime Academy, is a new secondary school serving the community of Medway, which opened in September 2022. As a growing school we welcomed our second cohort of students in September 2023, and are therefore seeking staff to join us on our ‘Voyage’ as we develop our Academy together. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we expand our network of schools, building upon our established ethos and values.
Click here to learn more about our school and our vision
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
What we can offer you:
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School, and from September 2024 Maritime Academy in Frindsbury.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of staff across our Trust we would encourage you to apply today.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kerry Masters, PA / Office Manager, during school hours. Kerry can be contacted via email Kerry.email@example.com to arrange an informal conversation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy: