The Victory Academy
The Victory Academy are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Science Teacher to join our team. The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher or an ECT with a positive and open approach to learning. You will join our team of creative and committed professionals teaching Years 7-13, who are passionate about teaching and learning. At GCSE we offer both combined science and single sciences
The successful candidate will be a strong and effective classroom practitioner with high expectations for yourself and our children to ensure that they all achieve their very best. You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to Science.
We welcome enquiries and applications from ECT’s and qualified teachers as well as science graduates interested in training to teach.
“The Victory Academy is a welcoming and caring school. Staff-pupil relationships are strong. This means that pupils recognise that the school has ‘got their back’ and has their best interests at heart, even those who do not find learning easy. Pupils celebrate and respect difference. One pupil summed this up, saying, ‘You can be who you want to be here.’” Ofsted 2023
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best Self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefiting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our schools are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Aimee Green (Aimee.Green@victoryacademy.tsat.uk)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy: